About iHOPE, a Recovery Community Organization
iHOPE (Intentional Holistic Opportunities to Promote Empowerment), Inc. is a non-profit Recovery Community Organization (RCO) that promotes addiction recovery resources to Middle Georgia. We provide peer recovery support and training to people seeking addiction recovery, family members of those in recovery, and dedicated community allies.
Our core principles are:
- Certified Peer Support
Seeking Recovery or Looking to Get Involved?
Contact Us Today
What We Do
iHOPE is committed to promoting sustained addiction recovery in Middle Georgia through a “lived experience” approach, meaning we focus on peer recovery services. Through our community outreach and educational programs, we promote recovery stories and reduce cultural stigma and discrimination for those in or seeking recovery.
Our services include:
We offer peer recovery services to the following counties in Middle Georgia:
What is a Recovery Community Organization (RCO)?
A Recovery Community Organization (RCO) is an independent, non-profit organization governed and led by a local recovery community. Like most RCOs, the majority of iHOPE’s board and staff are also in recovery, making us a truly peer-led organization for addiction recovery.
RCOs offer non-clinical services to support all paths to addiction recovery. An RCO is not a treatment program. At iHOPE, we offer peer recovery support services designed to empower people to find long-term recovery through the best treatment for their situation.
- Tarusa Stewart, Executive Director
- Janeen Brown, Program Manager
- Alesha James, Office Administrative Assistant
- John Page, Certified Peer Specialist – Addictive Diseases
- Kristy Brown, Certified Peer Specialist – Addictive Diseases
- Tiffany Thomas, Certified Peer Specialist, Lead Peer Transportation Coach
- Angela Combs, Peer Transportation Specialist
- Bernard Stewart, Peer Transportation Driver
- Jeff Lundy, Board Member, Vice President
- George Braucht, Board Member, Secretary/Treasurer
- Adria Kitchens, Board Member
- Jason E. McClendon, Board Member